Monday, January 16, 2017

Leggings Are Pants...Deal With It!

I overheard a girl around my age talking to her friend yesterday at Target about how leggings aren't pants, and how only 'skinny' people should wear leggings in public as they have the bodies to pull them off. Now, this delightful woman said this to her friend while looking me up and down. Hint, I was wearing leggings. Okay, I had to hold myself back because I had SO MANY questions for this poor misguided soul.
#1
Who in this girl's life led her down the dark path of believing that majestic leggings could not be worn as pants? Leggings are pants. Don't try to tell me I'm wrong, because this is something that I am oddly passionate about. Leggings are stretchy pieces of fabric that are sent from heaven to make a lazy gal's life easier and more comfortable. I'm not ashamed to say that I dress more for comfort these days. I cannot be bothered to wear something that may look good, but makes me feel like I am being squeezed by a boa constrictor. Give me a pair of stretchy leggings any day of the week. Enough said.

#2
Did this girl have a bad leggings experience, because in my experience I find that leggings go with literally everything! They come in a wide variety of colors, fabrics, and patterns, and look good on everyone from toddlers to elderly women. Seriously, I came into this world wearing them and I am leaving this world wearing them. My pants drawer is bursting with leggings that range from basic black to kinda out there cheetah. I'm pretty much covered for every occasion.

#3
I had no clue that only certain people could wear leggings. Is there a test that I need to take or a club I need to join to qualify? Does this girl have a magical "leggings wearer" card that she keeps in her wallet that she shows to the leggings police? Again, I have so many questions. Joking aside, I know that this girl was referring to that fact that there is an absurd idea that curvy people can only wear certain things. Excuse me, but my fat ass is rocking leggings all day erry day! They make my butt look good, what can I say?

If you have stuck with me until the end of this rambling rant then you have the patience of an angel. I'll see you soon for what is hopefully a more normal post, but I can't promise anything. Xo


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!