Sunday, January 15, 2017

Love With Food: January 2017

I’m back today with a Love With Food unboxing. I’ve been a subscriber of Love With Food for a year now, and I still am in love with the company. LWF is a business with a conscious. They donate 1 meal to a food bank for each box that they sell. It’s such an easy way to give back and still receive a little something for yourself.  I have seen first hand how hunger can impact a child's life, and I am happy that Love With Food is using their company to do some good.

I’m a foodie at heart, and I always love trying new and interesting things. I always say that I am game to try anything once. Each tastings box included 8 snacks that are either non-GMO, gluten-free, organic, or just plain healthy. There is usually a nice variety of sweet and savory snacks, so there really is something in there for everyone. I have been known to share snacks from time to time with friends from work or family...I know, I'm just a giving kind of person. Haha!
The theme this month is Seize the Day. Very fitting for the new year. I already tested a few of the products in this month’s box (lack of self-control, anyone?) and I can tell you that this box is a winner!
The first product feautred this month is Pirouline’s Dark Chocolate Rolled Wafer Cookies. These wafers are so delicious. I can get a large tin of them from time to time at my local Christmas Tree Shop. They are a serious indulgence.
My box this month included quite a bit of chocolate. I received Dave's Sweet Tooth Milk Chocolate Toffee, Dilettante Chocolates Coffee Trio Truffle Cremes, and Lily's Sweets Original Dark Chocolate Bar. Of course, I won't complain about having an excess of chocolate in my house. I already tried one of the milk chocolate toffees, and it is literally amazing.
The only savory item in the box this month is the Lundberg Family Farms Sea Salt Rice Chips. I've been a fan of rice cakes my entire life, and I think these will be similar. I'll have to save them for work one day this week. I'll also be saving the Bakery on Main Peanut Butter & Chocolate Granola Bar. Granola bars are usually pretty filling, and perfect for days when I don't have the time to sit down for a meal.

My box also included some Truvia Natural Sweetener. I actually already use this, so it's nice to have some more around the house. I also received some cookies this month! They are the Honey Heroes Whole Grain Cookies from MySuperCookies. I'm always game for a cookie.

I won’t lie, I was a bit nervous when I saw the Aloha Chocolate Protein Powder. I’m not one to really use protein powders, but I am always game to try anything once. I tried it out this morning, and I have to say that I am not a fan. It was a texture thing for me. I'm sure someone who is into these types of powders would have loved it though.


If you are an avid snacker like me and want to subscribe, feel free to click here!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!