Monday, March 13, 2017

Birchbox: March 2017

It's time for another Birchbox unboxing! I've been looking forward to my box arriving, and I was so pumped to see that it arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Birchbox has really helped me to discover some awesome brands in the past, and recently the skincare items I have been receiving have been exactly what I needed. This month Birchbox collaborated with Reese Witherspoon's company Draper James to design the box, select the items, and she also helped them create a special limited edition box too. I've always liked Reese  Witherspoon, so I'm excited to see what's included. Let's jump right in and see what is inside my box!


I was tempted to choose the curated box this month, but I ended up using the Sample Choice option and selected the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. My skin has been acting all kinds of crazy recently, and I've developed dry patches on my cheeks while the rest of me is a grease ball. Go figure! This moisturizer was apparently used by explorers in Greenland to protect themselves from damage. Pretty cool stuff! I'm excited to see if this can clear up those dry patches.

My box included another skincare item, the Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water. I have never heard of micro waters before, but apparently they are a the same as micellar water. I've used micellar water for about 2 years now, and i love how they remove all of the leftover gunk and makeup that cleansing wipes can leave behind. The Birchbox website says that this is good for sensitive skin and will remove stubborn makeup, so I'll be sure to use this once I finish up my bottle of Bioderma.

There are two makeup items in my box this month. The first is the Cargo Swimmables Resistant Bronzer in the shade medium. I'm very picky about the bronzers I use since I'm extremely pale. This looks a bit too warm for my skin, but I think I might hold onto this for a few months and see if it is more flattering on my when I have a bit of a tan. The makeup item is a mini Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette . The duo is wicked cute, and both shades would make a nice subtle smoky eye.

I was beyond psyched to see that my box included a product from Davines. I've received products from this brand in previous boxes, and love how amazing they smell and how they make my hair soft. The Davines Ol All in One Milk is a leave-in treatment that uses roucou oil to moisturize and strengthen hair. I've been using different leave-in treatments recently after I get out of the shower since I stopped brushing my hair. I have wavy hair, and the woman that colors my hair suggested I stop brushing my hair to encourage it to curl instead of becoming frizzy. I'm excited to try this on my hair tonight! I also received foil packets of the Davines Ol Shampoo and Ol Conditioner. I don't mind receiving foil packets when they are a bonus item. Plus, I really like Davines shampoos and conditioners.


Click here if you would like to subscribe! Until next time! Xo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!