Saturday, February 18, 2017

Love With Food: February 2017

Oh yeah, it's time for yet another Love With Food unboxing. My monthly box came days after my Gluten Free Mystery box did, so I figured I would share both of them. My inner foodie looks forward to this box arriving all month, and it's always a great day when it is on my front doorstep. The theme for this month's box is Follow Your Heart. It is a nice change from the usual Valentine's Day theme that most boxes do this time of year. I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, so I appreciate when companies think outside the box.
I received quite a few savory snacks this month. I'm more of a savory snack eater, so I was quite excited. The first item I am PUMPED about is the Bacon Heir Rosemary & Sea Salt Pork Clouds. They are fancy-schmancy pork rinds, and I'm all about them. I tried them months ago, and they are so freaking yummy! The next savory item is the Blue Diamond Cheddar Cheese Nut Thins, crackers made with almonds. I like almonds and crackers, so I'm sold. The next two items are kind of out there. Watusee Foods Tomato Basil Chickpeatos are basically seasoned roasted chickpeas. I've never tried a roasted chickpea before, so fingers crossed that I like them. The last savory product in my box is the Kitchen Crafted Marinara Mia Tomato Mayo Spread. Now, I'm kind curious about this. Is it mayo? Is it marinara sauce? Both?

There were quite a few sweet snacks this month as well. The first is the  Belgian Boys Mini Cookie Stashes. You heard that right, these are cookies that are shaped like mustaches. I am dying over how fun these are. I'm not going to pretend like I didn't rip these open immediately and pretend I had a mustache. I know, I'm real mature. Oh yeah, and the cookie was yummy too. My box also included a bag of Sheila G's Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle. I've already purchased this a couple of months ago, and it is seriously addictive. I am obsessed with the name of the Laughing Giraffe Lemon Snakroons. How fun is that name?! I love anything lemon, so I'm sold on this already. My box also included an assortment of YumEarth lollipops. I like how these are organic, and allow me to pretend that a lollipop is healthy.

There is one item in my box this month that is completely new to me, and to be honest kind of confuses me. It's the Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, and I had no freaking clue what they were when I saw them. I did a quick google search, and apparently they are shelled hemp seeds that add protein to salads, cereal, and yogurt. I guess they are kind of like chia seeds... I might have to pass these along to someone else.


Click here to subscribe and get your own Love With Food box!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!