Monday, February 20, 2017

Twentysomething That Hates Partying

Source

I recently was out with some people that were quite a bit older than me, and the subject of how they would party when they were my age came up. Of course, they all looked to me to share some scandalous stories of my own, but I honestly don't have any. I know what you are thinking, how can a woman in her twenties not have any stories about wild nights out? I received quite a few side eyes and plenty of looks of judgement. I left that night feeling like I was a weirdo that had to defend herself.

I've never been the type of girl to go to parties. I've always had some form of social anxiety when it comes to large groups of people, so I would typically avoid them whenever I was invited in high school. Now, I'm not saying that I'm not social or don't like going out. However, the idea of being in a dimly lit room, crammed together with sweaty strangers makes me want to crawl out of my skin. Because of this, I've never been to a night club. I totally get how people can find that a bit strange, but I've never been interested in it. 

I've always surrounded myself with people who aren't really partiers. My friends and I were perfectly happy to order pizza, share a bottle of wine, and binge watch a show. These nights are what made my college experience so amazing. I was able to form strong relationships with each of my friends, and we were all able to do this without wearing ridiculously short dresses and getting intoxicated. Of course, I don't judge people that enjoy crazy nights out. If that is your thing, than you do you girl. That's awesome! However, it just isn't for me. I've always been more of a homebody, and I find myself happiest when I'm just having a chill night with friends, whether that be at a restaurant or on the floor watching a movie.

I don't even know if I am making sense in this post. I just don't like situations where I feel like I have to defend the fact that I'm boring, haha! If you stuck around until the end of this post than you deserve an award, and must love run on sentences and ranting.

Until next time! Xo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!