Monday, February 13, 2017

Birchbox: February 2017

I caved in and resubscribed to Birchbox. I haven't received a box since September, and I started to miss getting that bright pink box in the mail. I've been a subscriber to Birchbox since I was a senior in high school (2011), and it was my first experience with beauty subscription boxes. They got my butt hooked! Of course, I'm still a commitment-phobe when it comes to boxes, so I gifted myself a subscription.

I received the welcome box last month and I really liked all of the items I got, but I was ready to start getting the actual boxes like other subscribers. I knew that the February theme would HAVE to have something to do with Valentine's Day or date night. Well folks, I was right. The theme this month is Lip Love.
I was beyond excited to see that the Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm was one of the items that were included for Sample Choice. It's fun to be able to choose one of the items in the box, and to have a bit of a sneak peek into what I will be receiving. I've used this lip balm in the past, and I can easily say it's one of the best I have ever used. I like to apply it while I am doing my makeup in the morning before work so that my lips receive some intense hydration (which they need since they have been flaky and chapped within an inch of their life recently).

I was surprised to see that my box included another lip product this month, The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick in the shade Saucy Marsala, a deep brownish-red wine. I absolutely love lip crayons and how easy they are to apply. I've never heard of this brand before, and I have to say that I love the fun packaging. Teenage Meaghan would have LOVED this. I'm not sure how much I like the color or if it's for me, but it is pretty.

It has been years since I tried a product from Balance Me. I was so excited to see the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum. I struggle with acne from time to time, and I'm always on the lookout for products that can make them go away. This daily serum can also be used as a spot treatment which I like since I'm always game for a multi-use product. Balance Me also claims that this will refine pores. Me and my large pores will be the judge of that...

My box included quite a ton of Living Proof products this month. I typically would be annoyed to receive so many products from one brand, but I happen to like Living Proof so I'm okay with it. I've tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner before, but I haven't tried the Restore Perfecting Spray. It's a lightweight detangler that is meant to add moisture and protect hair against heat. I'm sold! I'll have to use this once I finish up my bottle of No4 detangler. The shampoo and conditioner foil packets I received were a bonus, so I'm not mad at that. Typically, I would lose my mind over a foil packet, but I don't mind them as a bonus item.

I know that some people hate getting perfume samples in their boxes, but I love it. I'm always on the hunt for a new perfume, so being able to test new ones is these boxes appeals to me. I've used Clean perfumes before, and I love how natural and light they smell. I have never heard of the Reserve Amber Saffron. I don't normally say things like this, but this scent is so damn sexy! It has floral notes, musk, and a bit of raspberry that somehow come together to make a fragrance that is perfect for day time. It's the perfect effortlessly chic perfume. It won't be for everyone, but I definitely like it.

This was a pretty good box this month. There was a nice variety of skincare, beauty, hair, and fragrance. I haven't tried most of the products in my box, so Birchbox definitely came through. I find that when I initially receive product from Birchbox I'm unsure of whether or not I actually like them, but over time I usually come to find that I use all of it and love it. Click here to subscribe! Until next time! Xo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!