Thursday, April 13, 2017

Ipsy: April 2017

I have made it no secret that I am a huge fan of subscription boxes. I have tried pretty much every popular beauty subscription box under the sun over the past 6 years. I've finally decided to give Ipsy a try after talking with my best friend last month and she shared how much she has loved her Ipsy subscription. I have no clue why it took me this long, but I was excited to finally see what all of the hype is about.

We first need to take a minute to fully appreciate how freaking adorable this month's bag is. It's a giant red-orange ticket. This totally brings me back to raffles and carnivals from when I was in school. This is definitely a fun bag compared to the others I have seen in the past whenever I read reviews online.
Now, onto the items in the bag! I have tried to become a more patient person, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm nosy and I don't regret it. I totally looked at the spoilers for this month, so I already knew what would be included in my bag. Keep reading to see what's inside!
Okay, I will admit that I was a little over excited to see a product from OFRA Cosmetics in my bag. I've seen so many people review products from this brand, and I have wanted to give it a try. In my bag was the OFRA Cosmetics Blush in the shade Rendezvous. It is a cool toned rose shade that I am excited to use this spring. It will look great on my fair skin.
Who doesn't love a good multi-purpose product. The Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Glow Shimmer Shadow & Highlighter can be used as either a highlight or a shimmery eyeshadow. I typically save highlighter for days when I am wearing a full face of makeup, but I always love a subtle bit of shimmer on my lids on days when I am going a bit more natural and want my eyes to pop a bit. I've never heard of this brand before, but it seems like it would be perfect based on the swatch that I did.

I was so excited to see that my bag included the Theorie Marula Oil Transforming Hair Serum. I recently tried a spray leave-in that had marula oil in it, and my hair felt amazing afterwards. This serum is meant to moisturize and nourish hair, and it is safe for color treated hair. I dye my hair red every 6 weeks, so I definitely need this.
It has been ages since I received a nail polish from a beauty subscription service! I am so pumped to see that  the Dream by PS Cosmeceutical Infused Nail Lacquer in the shade Southern Sand is included this month. I adore peachy nude polishes, and I have been wearing pale pinks and nudes almost exclusively for the past 4 months. Apparently this brand includes grapefruit seed extract in their formula to make nails healthier and shinier. Sounds good to me!

I've been a fan of TONYMOLY for awhile now. They are a Korean brand that make amazing face masks and other products that have the worlds most adorable packaging. My bag included the TONYMOLY Liptone LipCare Stick in the shade Rose Blossom. This is such a pretty pink. I'm always game for a lip balm.

Okay, I am kind of kicking myself for waiting this long to subscribe. I will totally be able to use all of the products that were included. Sometimes beauty subscription services send some whacked out crazy stuff that I will never use, but all of my products are like things I currently use. Plus, I like that I haven't tried or heard of most of the brands that are included. Oh, and can we talk about that bag everything came in?! It will be such a fun makeup bag or mini bag to keep in my handbag.


Click here if you would like to try Ipsy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!